বাংলাদেশ ইন্সটিটিউট অব গ্লাস এন্ড সিরামিকস
Bangladesh Institute of Glass and Ceramics (BIGC) is the oldest and only institute of its kind in Bangladesh. The establishment of the institute dates back to 11th March, 1951 named as “East Bengal Ceramics Institute”. In 1960 the institute was renamed “East Pakistan Institute of Glass and Ceramics”. In 1971 Bangladesh emerged as an independent nation from Pakistan, the institute was again renamed as “Bangladesh Institute of Glass and Ceramics” in 1972. With the growing demands of Glass and Ceramics sector of mid-level technical manpower home and abroad 3(three) years diploma in Ceramic technology was introduced in year 1978 and diploma in Glass Engineering was introduced in year 2000. Duration of the Glass and Ceramic Engineering Course has changed to 4(four) Years from year 2000. Now this course is a part of the Diploma in Engineering curriculum under Bangladesh Technical Education Board. In 2000 ssc (Vocational) 2(two) years course was also introduced instead of 1 (one) year Artisan course in the trades of Glass and Ceramic.